Monday 2 January 2012

Whoops!

So there's a prosect in the picture and we've been emailing for the past month or so.  Just email.

But I'm a bit of a klutz. And as it would be, I made my first IM blunder today. During our first IM conversation. To make matters worse, after committing the said offence, I panicked, said a quick goodbye and signed out. Hit 'n run.

It was just a quick chat to set up a meeting time for tomorrow, and to be fair, my keyboard layout is a bit different.  It's a French-compatible one, which means that it's a little bit different than the standard. I've also had it for over a year, so I should be used to it by now.

But I'm not.

I should've explained that it was a mistake. I shouldn't have pulled a speedy gonsalez.

I now have two options:
a) Ignore it and hope it doesn't come up during the conversation
b) 'fess up

And only one these is actually the real option. 

Ah well, he already thinks I'm a bit weird for doing a background google search on him, and then admitting that I already knew what he looked like. Brownie points for being honest, maybe?

 And I'm sure plenty of others have made made similar mistakes, right?

And...even if it was emabarassing, it's a comedic moment (in retrospect atleast).

And in spite of whatever other klutzy-type of things I might end up doing (or have already done), I'm comforted by the fact that if he's the one that's meant for me, then my weirdness won't be an obstacle. After all, que sera, sera.

Just in case you were wondering what the klutzy thing was, I accidently sent him a "wink" instead of a smiley. Yikes.

No comments: